Monday, July 26, 2010

Why White?

I can't believe it's almost August. Being back in an old city with new and old friends alike as well as earning wages at a new wine job means that I've had plenty of opportunities for some social beverages. Picks of the summer have been French and Italian whites, with a Pichot Vouvray topping the list. I had it last week with a Lake Michigan salmon my dad caught cooked in a honey/orange marinade. Sweet viscous citrusy bliss! Yesterday I had a sexy pint of Rush River Amber Ale from nearby River Falls Wisconsin. If you can find it I'd advise buying a few six packs. I can't wait for the weather to cool down a bit so I can throw on my favorite wool sweater and uncork a bottle of some Zepaltas pinot noir. Sorry to say I will not be joining Mr. Zed in Santa Rosa this year on his winemaking team. The retail business has a hold on me and I'm stoked to be called the new 'wine guy' at a liquor store here in the cities, even though I miss my Carhartt and Blundstone workdays. Go find a patio and raise a glass!